Search Here

Seach Here:

Different Rest

Several months ago, I was shocked to hear news from my sister that something happened to our 13-year-old niece, the daughter of my first cousin. My niece, together with her aunt and family went for an outing in a beach. While enjoying the cool water, she was accidentally hit by lightning. She was rushed to the hospital and the doctors tried to revive her, but to no avail. Surprisingly, her whole body did not get burned; only a part of her chest did.

What ministered to me was the attitude of my cousin toward the incident. She never questioned God and asked why He allowed such a thing to happen. She just said that God had a purpose why He took her daughter at an early age. Although she would miss her daughter, she knew that her daughter was now with the Lord. And it was only the Lord whom she could depend on and find rest in. Such a woman of faith! During the lowest point in her life, it was the Lord she held on to.

Are you experiencing trials in your life? Just come to the Lord and He will give you true rest for your soul.

Wise Words: "You have created us for Yourself, and our heart cannot be stilled until it finds rest in You." St. Augustine


Prayer: "Dear Lord, thank You for the irreplaceable rest that You give me. Please strenghthen, me especially when I am burdened. Amen"


"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Information Links