Search Here

Seach Here:

Equitable

I remember learning the word "equitable" in a vocabulary exercise when I was in elementary. It touched me when I realized that the Master in today's parable was indeed equitable. "Equitable" means something characterized by equity or fairness. The adjective pertains to something just or right, fair or reasonable. The Master was equally pleased with the slave who turned in five talents and the one who turned in two. Why? Because the former was given five talents and doubled it; the latter was given two talents and likewise ,multiplied it. The Master did not demand of the slave given fewer talents to produce an amount equal to the one who was given more. He was only disappointed with the one who did not use what he was given.

The Lord made each of us unique, with little bits and pieces of His very own image. He will not ask us to do things that He will not enable us to accomplish. He asks us only to be faithful to His plan for us to and not to be overcome by fear.

If the Lord is asking you to do something for Him, trust that He is also equipping you. So do it and share the Master's joy!

Wise Words: "God does not have to come and tell me what I mus do for Him, He brings me into a relationship with Himself where I hear His call and understand what He wants me to do, and I do it out of sheer love of Him." Oswald Champbers.

Prayer: "Thank You, Father for giving me all the gifts and talents I need to be faithful to my calling as Your servant. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Information Links