Search Here

Seach Here:

Living Water: Imitators of God


"Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity and passing over the transgression?" Micah 7:18

First she broke the zipper on my new jacket. Then she broke the faucet in the bathroom. While cleaning the car, she left the passenger door at the back ajar. This door flew open as I was driving ------ twice! At another time, the meat she cooked was half burnt. Scripture says to "Bear with one another..... just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive" (Colossians 3:13). I must say that this was a challenging command as far as our household help was concerned.

Sometimes, it's the little things that upset us. The possibility of an untoward incident due to an open car door is not a little thing, you might say. Still we are to be "imitators of God" (Ephesians 5:1). are we not? The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and of great kindness (Psalm 145:8). The Bible says to imitate that! If God is merciful, we must major in mercy. I f God is compassionate, then compassion must mark our behavior, too. If God forgives and forgets, we must do likewise.

Our household help has been with us for 15 months now. In the matter of discipline, she is improving. So am I. --------- Joey



Prayer: Lord, help me to bear fruit in mercy, compassion and kindness that people may see You in me. Amen.

Wise Words: "I shall pass through this world but once. Any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer it or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." Henry Drummond

No comments:

Post a Comment

Information Links