Search Here

Seach Here:

Privilege

If I had been told 20 years ago that I would be driving eight hours to and from Quezon province every Saturday, 52 weeks in a year, for the next six years, I would have said, "No way!" I have no concern, whatsoever, for anyone other than myself, my family and my work. I couldn't be bothered by any cause or project that would require my whole attention and effort every Saturday of my life forever.

But the Lord had other plans. Slowly, surely, one step at a time, He was drawing me inexplicably into the joy and wonder of being His follower and servant. He taught me to put His teachings of love and mercy into practice.

Today, by His grace, I go with a team of servants on mission to Quezon every Saturday, rain or shine, with much or little. It is with great joy and compassion that we consider our prayer meetings, house visits and trekking through new territories, praying over the sick and lonely, encouraging the weak and weary, and sharing our food with the hungry. What a privilege it is to serve God this way.

What and whom are you living for? You will find true purpose only when you start living for God and others.

"My heart tells me that if I have the happiness of being employed in this mission, I will go and not return; but I shall be happy if the Lord will complete the sacrifice where He has begun it." St Isaac Jogues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Information Links