Search Here

Seach Here:

Friends

I have very few friends left outside of the Catholic community to which I belong. Most of them have either avoided me or have gotten angry, saying that I changed and that I have become weird or "too holy" for their tastes. Some have even said a lot of hurtful things about me and the choices I've made. The few that remained had kept a safe distance, usually extending that distance when I start inviting them to attend renewal seminars or even our monthly community mass. In that regard, I can say that I have "lost" that part of my life.

I also know that it won't stop here. As I grow deeper in the knowledge of Christ, I know that He will reveal to me various areas of my life that I still have to lose in order to fully follow Him.

The amazing thing is that what I have gained is far greater than all these things that I have lost. I have found Christ and now, He is all that is important! My life now is happier, more peaceful and certainly better than the life I lost for. His sake. Begin to lose your life to Jesus today and experience what it means to truly be alive!

"But the soul renounced shall abide in the boundlessness of God's life. This is liberty, this is prosperity. The more we lose, the more we gain." Watchman Nee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Information Links