Search Here

Seach Here:

Distraction

One of my passions is fixing and organizing homes, though I never had a degree in interior decorating. I am happy to help family and friends when they call help to upgrade or refurbish their homes. This time it was our basement, we were building two rooms for our sons. I found myself caught up in all details, dealing with hardware stores, furniture shops, electrical concerns, plumbing and so on. The confusion and noise within me surfaced when I moved too fast and prayed less. The results came out, only to make me regret that it could have been better. I believe that it was the Lord's way of telling me that my relationship with Him was subtly fading away. Instead of asking Him to guide me, I kept moving and deciding on my own.

Are you in the same predicament? Is the excitement of making more money or other passions distracting you from prioritizing the Lord? Do you spend time with Him? More than anything else, we need to take care of our relationships with Him before taking care of other concerns.

Come into His presence now, and receive His peace.

Wise Words: "Love of Christ does not distract us from interest in others, but rather invites us to responsibility for them, to the exclusion of no one." Pope John Paul II

Prayer: "Dear Lord, I am sorry for allowing the things of this world to distract me and skip my precious time with You. Grant me the grace to focus on You now. Amen."

"Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you." John 6:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Information Links