Search Here

Seach Here:

Living Water: Different


“All the communities of the earth shall find blessing in you.” Genesis 12:3 (NAB)

       “Why do you seem to have a different God?” asked one of the attendees in the first of our Bible study sessions here in California. I was just recounting what Jesus was doing in my life and in the lives of the other members of our Catholic community.
       In our community, we are exhorted to know, love and serve Jesus. We have also been taught to claim God’s promises in the Bible whenever we are in need. As we do so, we experience answers to our prayers.
       Some of these promises are: “If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you” (John 15:7). “Seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides” (Matthew 6:33, NAB). “So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;  it shall not return to empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and succeed in the thing for which I sent it” (Isaiah 55:11).
       From that first meeting,  the person who asked the question now religiously attends the Bible study experiencing Jesus’ love and answers to his prayers.
       Come to Jesus and discover what kind of God He really is. ------------ Ad


Prayer: Lord, enable me to draw ever closer to You, to love You more and to grow in the knowledge of You. Amen.

Wise Words: "No man can attain to the knowledge of God but by humility. The way to mount high is to descend." Blessed Giles of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Information Links