Search Here

Seach Here:

Saved in the Flood

 It seemed like just a slight flood, with no problems. I was wrong. Within minutes the water rose to the elevated garage. We quickly rounded up the drivers and maids to lift furniture, food and other items to the second floor. The water finally entered the house. My parents and I prayed aggressively, even as I felt the water quickly rise from my feet to above my ankles. I made some phone calls, hoping to find some rescue team to help us get out, if necessary. We then just waited it out on the second floor, as the first floor was already submerged. And we prayed. God's salvation came. After several hours, though it continued to rain, the water stopped rising. After a few more hours, it began to recede. By 6 AM of the next morning, though the stench of muck remained, the "rushing river" inside and outside the house was gone.

"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Romans 10:13). Though the cross, Jesus has given us a quality of life where salvation is available to us everyday. Yes, Christ saves us from sin, as well as its negative effects in this fallen world.

Let us live out Christ's salvation for us, thanking Him for this greatest of gifts.


"Dear Jesus, thank You for constantly saving me. Amen."

"The good news is that in the face of Jesus Christ we see the very face of God, the One who has decided to be with us and for us in spite of our sin." Kevin Vanhoozer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Information Links